How? The GSMA Spam Reporting Service (SRS) enables consumers to easily report spam using a universal short code (“7726” (S-P-A-M) or “33700”) to both their operator and to a global collection, aggregation and reporting service—providing them with confidence that their concerns are being heard. Messaging spam reports from participating mobile networks are submitted to the GSMA Spam Reporting Service’s worldwide clearinghouse run by Cloudmark.
To report an unwanted message:
- Note the 10-digit number the text message came from.
- Forward the text message to short code 7726 (SPAM).
- To forward the message from an iPhone, (avoid any links, email addresses or phone numbers in the message when you) double-tap the speech bubble. A bubble that says “Copy | More…” will appear. Click on More. Tap the curved arrow at the lower-right corner of the screen. A new screen with a new text message conversation appears. Specify the “To:” address (7726) and send.
- In a few seconds, the service will send a message asking for the suspected spammer’s phone number.
- Enter the 10-digit number (if you have one) and click send.
- A confirmation message will come back from the service.